Sunday, October 27, 2019

Working My Way Through The Works: Blues Burger

A popular gimmick for food blogs is to eat and review every item on a restaurant's menu. This blog is no exception. These are the observations I've had while eating my way through the burger menu of The Works, a Canadian burger restaurant with locations across Ottawa and Ontario.
The WORKS (900 Watters Road)
Burger Description: "Blue cheese, blue cheese ranch & bacon"
($11.97)
September 24, 2019
I wasn't planning to review the Blues Burger today, I only made the change after scanning the Lunch Menu specials. Blue cheese has as many detractors as it does defenders.  My wife and son aren't fans of its smell or the idea that it contains mold, but they do like its sharp and salty flavours when I add a bit of it to the cheese sauce I use when making macaroni and cheese. Today I sat in a booth with such great lighting overhead, I wished I was a better photographer. For the first time, I noticed the burger patties for the Lunch Menu look smaller than the other offerings available, but given that they are cheaper than the other burgers available, that's not surprising. The bacon added its usual salty smokiness. While there was lots of the blue cheese dressing on my hamburger, there was only a sprinkling of actual blue cheese. The ranch dressing was a bit on the watery side, but I was surprised at how much blue cheese flavour I got in every bite.  Overall, if you like blue cheese, and you're hungry between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., you owe it to yourself to give this a try.

4 out of 5 stars - So good you'll wonder why it wasn't named after local boy and legendary Blues Brother Dan Aykroyd.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this blog. I really found it very useful. Keep on sharing this kind of post.
fssai registeration
food license

Cartloot said...

Thanks for sharing this article. Also, visit:
online shopping
meal ready to eat
order spices online
buy snacks online
noodles order online
for more online shopping

24 Hour Perogies

In a place known as the City That Fun Forgot, it's no surprise that there's not much happening in Ottawa late at night. The House o...